Bracco Italiano is independent powerful gundogs. These breeds were specially bred for hunting. In addition, these dogs are also wonderful family pets.
If you own a Bracco Italiano then you need to give special attention to their diet and nutrition. These dogs need a high-calorie diet to maintain their energy level.
Here are all the information about Bracco Italiano’s required diet and meal plans.
Diet According To Bracco Italiano’s Activity Level
Bracco Italiano will need a wholesome of diet according to his activity level. Bracco was bred as gundogs to drive birds into nets. However, not every Bracco Italiano has the same energy level. Observe your pet’s activity level before deciding any diet plan for them.
- If your Bracco Italiano runs outdoor for a long time, goes hunting with you, then they are considered as an active dog. Hence, an extremely active Bracco will need at least 25% protein and 15% fat to maintain their energy level.
- Moderately active Bracco Italiano will need at least 18% protein and 5% fat. This should be enough to maintain their energy level.
Calorie Intake For Bracco Italiano
Since Bracco Italiano are highly energetic dogs, they will need a high amount of calorie according to their energy. However, you should also observe their age before fixing a calorie amount.
|Active and Young||1400 – 1500 Cal|
|Average Adult||1000 Cal|
How Many Times Should You Feed Bracco Italiano
Feeding depends upon the age and weight of the Bracco Italiano. If your Bracco is a puppy then you need to feed them four times a day.
If your Bracco is an adult dog then you should only feed them once a day. However, you can split the one time meal to make it two if you want and feed them twice a day.
Why Is Your Bracco Not Eating
If your Bracco has lost appetite and not willing to eat then there are many reasons for that. Therefore, here are some major reason why your Bracco is not eating.
- Worm infestation
- Bacterial and viral infestation
- Change of environment
- Separation anxiety
- Dislike the taste of food
Human Food Bracco Italiano Can And Cannot Eat
Most of the time we humans tend to give whatever we find is delicious. Not thinking that those food can be dangerous for our friend. Nevertheless, here are some human food we can offer and should avoid giving our Bracco Italiano.
Human Food Bracco Italiano Can Eat
- Pork etc
Human Food Bracco Italiano Cannot Eat
- Cinnamon etc
Some of The Best Dog Food For Bracco Italiano
- Chewy’s Chicken Dinner Patties Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food
- American Journey Salmon and Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dried Dog Food
- Primal Duck Formula Nuggets Grain Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Original Dry Dog Food.
At last, giving your Bracco Italiano the proper diet according to their behavior and activity level is very important to maintain a healthy living. A healthy dog is a blessing for humans.
Visit Doglime for more information about dog feeding and nutrition.