Dalmatian Diets and Supplements
Dalmatian is a medium-sized hunting dog known for its eye-catching black or liver-colored spots. They are a strong breed that possesses great stamina that can be partners for runners and hikers. A proper and balanced diet is a must for these breeds in order to keep them fit and happy.
In this article, you will get more knowledge about your dog’s feeding methods and diets.
Diets of Dalmatian
Whether it’s a kibble diet or a mixed diet, your dog should get the right amount of nutrients from its daily food intake. Diet also differs from the owner’s perspective as some fed raw meat diet as some fed cooked diets. However, the amount of nutrients is all that matters for your dog.
Protein: It is an important nutrient that should be maintained in Dalmatian’s diet as its deficiency can affect their health. However, limit protein level to 18% depending on their activeness.
Fats: Fats are one of the sources of energy for dogs to keep them healthy. Provide a balanced diet with 10-12% fat to maintain their fitness. The fat in the diet keeps their coat and skin healthy as well as shiny.
Minerals: Minerals are needed in a dog’s diet to make its bones and teeth strong and healthy. The deficiency of minerals can lead to weakening bones that easily result in bone fracture. It can be given through whole meat, vegetables, and oil in diets.
How much to feed your Dalmatian?
Feeding your Dalmatians depends upon their age, size, and weight. As your puppy is in a growing phase treat him 3-4 meals a day for their proper muscle and bone growth. If your pup has entered into the adult phase fed him 2 meals a day maintaining their healthy diet.
If your dog is very active, you can increase their portion amount as per their need. Always take care of their eating portion and don’t overfeed them as it can lead to obesity and different other health problems.
Calorie Intake for Dalmatian
The dog needs calories to maintain its body weight and gain energy to perform various activities throughout the day. It also helps to function digestion, brain function, heart function, and so on.
|Active and Young||1400 Cal|
|Average Adults||1000 Cal|
|Senior Dogs||700 Cal|
Dog Food for Dalmatian
These are some of the best dog food brand for Dalmatian.
- True Acre Foods Chicken & Vegetable Recipe
- Gentle Giants Canine Nutrition Chicken
- Nutro Ultra Dry Puppy Food
- Merrick Chicken + Sweet Potato Senior Recipe.
Supplements for Dalmatian
- Fish oil
- Omega-3 fatty acids
Human Food that Dalmatian Can and Cannot Eat
There are some human foods that can be given to your dogs as some of them can be toxic to your dog’s health. Here is the list of foods your dog can and cannot eat.
- Milk Pork
Why is your Dalmatian not Eating?
- Digestive Problem: Your dog might have a problem with digestion as it starts eating grass which helps them indigestion. The dog also might show other symptoms of digestion as drooling, diarrhea, bloating, abdominal pain, and dehydration. However, if your dog is not eating for more than two days then take him to a vet for a proper checkup.
- Environmental Change: Sudden change of environment can also prevent your dog from eating as some might get motion sickness while others get confused and uncomfortable adjusting to new surroundings.
- Dental Problem: Sometimes teeth problems can give hard time to your dog. Your dog can have loose or broken teeth as well as swollen gum. Check-in your dog’s teeth or gum that is preventing him to eat properly. In case of a dental problem take him to the vet for a check-up.
- Separation Anxiety: Dogs also face the anxiety of separation from their owner which ought to be the reason your dog is refraining from food. They also show symptoms like braking or howling when the owner’s not around, shivering, panting, pacing, and crowing in the corner of the house.
Visit Doglime for more information about dog breeds and their diet