Bullmastiff Diets and Supplements
Bullmastiff is a large-sized dog with a muscular body originally bred to guard estates in the 19th century. Despite their size, these dogs are very calm and friendly.
Bullmastiffs are fearless dogs who would risk his life for the sake of his loved ones. In addition, they are gentle and happy go lucky dogs unless they sense something unusual.
If you are planning to own one, then you must know about the diet and feeding methods of this giant breed. Here is all the information regarding the feeding time and proper nutrients as well.
Diet According To Bullmastiff’s Activity Level
Bullmastiffs need a wholesome of nutritional diet. However, the diet also differs according to your pet activity level, age, and weight.
- If your Bullmastiff is very active, plays for about 30 minutes straight then your dog is known for its energy and is considered an active dog. Moreover, a highly active Bullmastiff would need around 25% protein and 15% fat on their daily meal.
- A less active Bullmastiff should have at least 18% protein and 5% fat on their daily meal to support their daily diet.
How Often Should You Feed Bullmastiff
Feeding highly depends upon the weight and age of the Bullmastiff. However, if you have a puppy Bullmastiff then it is important that you feed them four times a day with small potion.
If you have an adult Bullmastiff, then you should only feed them once a day with large potion. However, if you want to feed your dog twice, then you can divide the one time meal into two and feed them twice a day.
Calorie Intake Bullmastiff Needs
Calorie intake is as necessary as other nutritional diet. To maintain calorie count, you need to focus on your dog’s behavior, activity, and age. Make sure you don’t overfeed your Bullmastiff.
|Active and Young||1400 Cal|
|Average Adult||1000 Cal|
|Senior Dogs||700 Cal|
Why Is Your Bullmastiff Not Eating?
There are many reasons why your dog has lost its appetite. The following are some major reasons you need to consider.
- Upset stomach
- Worm infestation
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Change of environment
- Dislike the taste of food
- Separation anxiety
Human Food Bullmastiff Can and Cannot Eat
Dogs eat almost everything what we offer. However, it is our responsibility to think and understand whether it is good or bad for them. Therefore, consider some of the following food you should and should not feed your Bullmastiff.
- Citrus Fruits
To conclude, every dog needs a healthy and adequate diet according to their age and activity.
Best Dog Supplement For Bullmastiff
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Fish oil
Best Dog Food For Bullmastiff
- The Honest Kitchen Force Chicken Recipe
- Instinct Chicken Meal Dry Dog Food By Nature’s Variety
- Earthborn Holistic Great Plains Feast Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Visit Doglime for more dog feeding information.