Clumber Spaniel Diets and Supplements
The Clumber Spaniel is a big but gentle dog breed bred to find and retrieve birds for the hunters. Today they are mostly kept as a house companion due to their loving and gentle temperament. It is a happy and healthy dog breed with few genetic health problems. The healthy guts of your dog lead to their healthy life. So feed them high-quality dog food with all the nutritional needs contained in the food.
In this article, you will learn about the diets, nutrition, dog food, supplements, and more for your Clumber Spaniel.
Diets of Clumber Spaniel
A balanced diet id important for the healthy and happy life of your dog. So, while feeding your dog, make sure it contains all the nutrition needed for him.
Protein: it is a main building block of cells, tissues that help in making the muscles of your dog stronger and healthier. There should be about 30% of protein on a Clumber Spaniel puppy‘s diet and about 25%-27% of protein on an adult’s diet.
Fat: For energy, your dog will need fat on its diet which is primary source of energy. They can get fat from meat, plant, and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid. They need 5%-8% fat on the diet regularly.
Water: Your dog’s body consists of 50% of water whereas the puppy’s body contains about 80% of water. So, do not let them be dehydrate and always keep a clean and fresh water by their side so they can have an easy access to the water.
How Much to Feed Clumber Spaniel?
When the Clumber Spaniel is still a puppy, they need more meals compared to the adult dog. The puppy needs frequent meal which is 3-4 meals a day. They are in a growing phase so for the proper built of their muscles and bones, the puppy needs to be fed more.
2 meals a day is all an adult Clumber Spaniel needs. If it is a very active dog, increase the amount of meal as needed. Do not feed them more than required as it may lead to obesity and other health problem.
Dog Food for Clumber Spaniel
While feeding your Clumber Spaniel, make sure you are giving him a completely balanced diet. Measure the nutrition if you are feeding homemade food and check for the nutrition contains in the packet if you are buying manufactured dog food.
Here are the list of dog food that you can feed your Clumber Spaniel.
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Taste of wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Purina Pro Plan All Life Stages Performance 30/20 Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
- The Diamonds Naturals Chicken & Rice Formula All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
Best Supplements for Clumber Spaniel
Supplements add complement to your Clumber Spaniel food. Provide them with certain supplements according to their dietary requirement. If your dog is getting a balanced diet, there is no need to add supplement to its diet.
Here are the list of comment supplement that you can give your Clumber Spaniel.
Human Food Clumber Spaniel Can and Cannot Eat
Humans love giving some portion of food from their bowl to their favorite pooch. Since dogs can eat what humans are eating there still are some food that you can eat but not your dog. So be careful about what you feed your dog.
Here are the list of dog food that your Clumber Spaniel can eat in a limited amount and also food that it should avoid.
- Grapes and Raisins
Why is your Clumber Spaniel Not Eating?
- Your Clumber Spaniel might be having a dental problem which is why it is not eating properly. Check for any bleeding or swollen gum and take your dog to a vet for a check-up.
- your dog might be having stomach pain or digestion problem. If it is a digestion problem you will see him eating grass which will help in the digestion. However, if your dog does not eat for more than a day, take him to a vet.
- A change in environment or daily routine is also another reason for your dog not eating properly. Dog’s tend to get confused with the new surroundings or changes in the time of feeding which leads to the loss of appetite.
Visit Doglime for more dog information and their feeding methods.