Cirneco Dell’Etna Diets and Supplements
The Cirneco Dell’Etna is a small breed of sighthound group. It is a very active, loving dog that is suited for all types of family, as long as they are gentle and active. If you are a consistent and firm leader, this breed is easy to train. So if you are bringing this dog home, make sure you give him a proper diet along with the training.
In this article, you will learn about the diets, supplements, dog food for your Cirneco Dell’Etna and many more.
Diets Of Cirneco Dell’Etna
Cirneco Dell’Etna needs right amount of nutrition on their diet which is called balanced diet.
Protein: Protein helps to build body tissues like bones, nerves, hair, and many more. The adult Cirneco Dell’Etna needs about 18% of protein where as the puppy needs 29% of protein as their muscles are in developing.
Fat: Fat should be around 5% of your dog’s diet. It is the main source of energy and their body cannot synthesize it, so they should be provided the fat like omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid on their diet.
Water: The dog’s body is made up of 50-60 percent of water whereas the puppy’s body is about 80 percent. So they needs to be hydrated all the time. Keep a clean and fresh bowl of eater by their side so they can have an easy access.
How Much to Feed Cirneco Dell’Etna?
The feeding of the Cirneco Dell’Etna depends on its age and the activities it performs regularly. When they are still a puppy, they have a rapid growth rate, so they need to eat more food frequently. 3-4 times a day should be fed to them for the proper growth of the muscles and bones of the puppy.
When the Cirneco Dell’Etna reach its adulthood, 2 meals a day is all they need. Adjust the amount of their meal according to the activities your dog performs. If there is treats included in between the training, decrease the amount so the meal matches their daily intake.
Dog Food for Cirneco Dell’Etna
Diet is very important for the healthy living of your Cirneco Dell’Etna. It needs a proper diet that contains all the nutrition. So, while buying commercial dog food, always look for the nutrition and ingredient contained in the packet. Go for high-quality, certified dog food.
Below are some of the list of food brand that is good for your Cirneco Dell’Etna.
- Wellness Complete health puppy food
- Wellness Complete health dry dog food
- Instinct Original Grain-Free dry
- Nutro Wholesome Essentials Puppy food
Best Supplements for Cirneco Dell’Etna
Supplements are good for dogs as it fulfill the nutrition that the dog is not getting from its diet. However, if your Cirneco Dell’Etna is getting the complete balanced diet, there is no need to provide him extra supplements.
Here are the list of supplements that are given to dogs.
- Fish Oil
Human Food Cirneco Dell’Etna Can and Cannot Eat
If you have a habit of giving food to your dog from your plate, know if you are giving him something that can be toxic. Not all food that are good for human are good for your dog. Some they can have in a small quantity, some they needs to avoid completely.
- Garlic and Onion
- Raisins and grapes
Why is Cirneco Dell’Etna Not Eating?
Dogs loose appetite sometime due to various reasons. Some of the common reasons that your Cirneco Dell’Etna is not eating are mention below.
- If you have given your Cirneco Dell’Etna a vaccination, it might be one of the reason that he is not eating. Vaccine cause some dogs to loose appetite which is just temporary. Your dog will start eating soon like before.
- Dental problem might be another reason that is causing your dog not to eat properly. Sometime dog faces gum bleeding and swelling problem. So, check if there is any infection and take him to a vet for a quick check up.
- A change in environment and surrounding confuses your dog which leads to lose in appetite. If you have recently moved to a new place with your dog, it might be the reason he is not eating properly. give him some time to get familiar to the environment and he will start eating like before.
Visit Doglime for more dog breed information and their feeding methods.