Dogs Eating Quinoa – Benefits and Effects of Feeding Quinoas to Canine
Quinoa is a seed that has an impressive nutritional profile. It comes in red, white, and black varieties that are gluten-free. It has become very popular among human beings due to the benefit it gives to health.
The other reasons that people eat quinoa are due to the richness in taste and addition of nutrition to their diet.
Although we know that it is safe for a human to eat but the question is, can dogs eat quinoa? Well, the answer to your query is yes! your dog can eat quinoa. They are very much benefited by the nutrients found in quinoa and feeding them won’t harm your dog’s health.
Why Should Your Dog Eat Quinoa?
As mentioned above, your dog can eat quinoa but what are the benefits of it? Quinoa is high in nutrition that contributes to the healthy life of your dog. Here is the list of benefits that your dog gets from eating quinoa.
Benefits of Quinoa
- It is a gluten-free seed also with low calory level. It is a great choice of food for an overweight dog and also sensitive stomach dog.
- It is easily digestible and also contains prebiotics that is great for healthy digestion.
- Quinoa contains antioxidants that help in fighting cancer cell.
- The complex carbs found in it provides with a high level of energy.
How to Prepare Quinoa for your Dog?
Although feeding quinoa is healthy for your dog but it is necessary to know the healthy way of preparing it. Here are the methods and ways of preparing quinoa for your pet dog.
- The first step to do before preparing quinoa is to rinse it properly. It contains saponin, a substance that might be toxic to your dog. So give it a good rinse before preparing it for your dog.
- Never feed uncooked quinoa to your dog as there might be some harmful chemicals and germs that will be removed after proper cooking.
- While cooking quinoa, do not put any oil, salt, garlic or other seasonings which can be highly toxic for your dog. Cook separate quinoa for you and for your pooch.
- Boil quinoa, let it cool down and combine it with meat, fish and other vegetables for a balanced diet.
How Much Quinoa can your Dog Eat?
While you have known the benefits and ways of feeding quinoa to your dog but how much is healthy? Just because it is good for your dog, it does not mean that you could only feed quinoa all the time. No matter how healthy a food is, too much is always toxic. So, provide them with the right amount.
Introduce quinoa to your pup with a small amount and observe their reaction. If they like it or doesn’t have any allergies, you can increase the amount by little. Feed your dog a moderate amount of quinoa and provide them with a combination of other meats and vegetable. Consult a vet for the right amount to feed or any other question you might be having.
Is there any Effect of Feeding Quinoa to Your Dog?
Quinoa is generally healthy food in your dog’s diet. It is nutritious, healthy, gluten-free, and many more. Although not all dogs react the same to the same food and many have a different reaction for the same food.
Some dog might be allergic to plant-based food. So you should see for the following symptoms after your dog consumes quinoa.
- Inflammation of skin
- Excessive hair loss
Well, you know all the health benefits and also some of the effects of feeding quinoa to your dog. Consult a vet for any queries and always feed your dog quinoa in a moderate amount like with other foods. If it is having allergies, it is best to not to feed them quinoas at all.
Visit Doglime for more feeding methods and health of dogs.
2 thoughts on “Dogs Eating Quinoa – Benefits and Effects of Feeding Quinoas to Canine”