Basset Fauve de Bretagne Diets and Supplements
Basset Fauve de Bretagne is a hound-type dog that was bred to hunt small game. It was developed in French for hunting through scent. They are a very intelligent and active dog breed that is very suitable as a family companion.
This article will cover some of the diets and supplements that you should provide your Basset Fauve de Bretagne dog and other feeding methods.
Diets and Nutrients For Basset Fauve de Bretagne
Basset Fauve de Bretagne needs a complete balanced diet for a healthy living.
Protein: Protein is a very important nutrient in your dog’s diet. It contains amino acid which makes the body of your dog strong and gives them strength. Their diets should contain 18% of protein.
Fat: Fat is a great source of energy for your dog and also is good for their coat, skin, and increases immune power. Their food should contain at least 5% of fat.
Vitamins: Vitamins are a very necessary nutrient for the normal functioning of your dog’s body. There should be provided with 1 or 2 percent of vitamins in their diet.
How Much to Feed Your Basset Fauve de Bretagne?
Basset Fauve de Bretagne is a small-sized dog breed that needs to be fed according to its age and activities it performs. A puppy should be fed 3 meals a day as they are on a process of growing. Since it is a small dog that needs only a little amount of food, overfeeding can lead to obesity.
An adult Basset Fauve de Bretagne should be fed 2 times a day which portion should be increased according to its activities level. Their food and exercise should be well balanced.
Best Dog Food For Basset Fauve de Bretagne
It is very important that you buy the best dog food for your Basset Fauve de Bretagne. Whenever you are in a shop to buy manufactured dog food, check for the ingredients and nutrition contains in the pack. Follow the guideline and feed your dog in the right amount.
Here are some of the dog food with the best ingredients and quality contains.
- Orijen Dry Dog Food
- Stella & Chewy Chicken Dinner Party
- American Journey
- Primal Freeze-Dried Nuggets
Best Supplement for Basset Fauve de Bretagne
Supplements should only be given to your dog when there is a nutrition deficiency in the food that you are providing. If it is getting a complete balanced diet, there is no need to feed them any other extra supplements.
Here is the list of the common supplements that are given to dogs due to certain nutrition deficiencies.
- Fish Oil
- Milk Thistle
- Digestive Enzymes
Human Food that Basset Fauve de Bretagne Can Eat and Should Avoid
Human food is commonly given to your dogs. If you are eating something and there is a dog beside you, you just provide him with a portion of your food. Not all the food that you give to your dog is good for its health. Some can be harmful to their health and show its effects slowly while others are very toxic and can be dangerous for health.
Here is the common human food that is okay and very toxic to feed your dog.
- Grapes and Raisins
- Too much of salt
Why Is Your Basset Fauve de Bretagne Not Eating
Your Basset Fauve de Bretagne may not be eating due to the following reasons:
- It might be having some teeth problems which are causing pain while eating. Check for any injuries or bleeding gums and take them to a vet.
- Recent vaccination against something might be causing your dog the loss of appetite. It is a temporary problem and your dog will soon start eating.
- Another reason that your dog is not eating is due to its upset stomach. Your Basset Fauve de Bretagne might have eating something from the trash which is causing this problem. They will try to get the things out by vomiting and by eating grass but if it does not get better, take your dog to a vet.
- Change in the routine can also make your dog lose its appetite. They are already habituated to a certain routine and if it is changed, they take some time to adjust in that timetable. Therefore, keep the same feeding routine and do not change it frequently.
Visit Doglime for more information about feeding methods of dog breeds.