Croatian Sheepdog Diets & Supplements
The Croatian Sheepdog was bred as a herding dog, so it is a very active and hardworking breed. So, they need a owner who is active and can handle their energy level. It can be a great family companion as well but are not at all suited for apartment life.
In this article, you will learn about the feeding methods, dog food, diets, and many more of the Croatian Sheepdog.
A balanced diet is needed for your Croatian Sheepdog for his healthy and happy life. Whether it is commercially manufactured food or homemade food, it is important that the meal contain all the required nutrients.
Protein: Protein is important for building muscles and making bones stronger. It can be found in meats, eggs, different vegetables, fish, and many more. Since the Croatian Sheepdog is a working breed, it needs around 22%-25% of protein, and a puppy needs around 29% of protein on its diet.
Fat: Fat is another essential in your dog’s diet. It provides energy as well as keeps the internal organ healthy. It also keeps the skin and coat smooth and healthy. There should be about 6%-8% of fat on your Croatian Sheepdog’s diet.
Carbohydrate and Fiber: Carbohydrate on your dog’s diet helps to release energy throughout the day which will keep your dog active all day long. The fiber helps with your dog’s digestion and keeps its bowels regular.
How Much to Feed Croatian Sheepdog?
The Croatian Sheepdog puppy should be feed frequent meals throughout the day. They are in a growing phase so they need constant feeding. A 6-12 weeks old puppy need 4 meals a day whereas a 3-6 months old puppy needs 3 meals a day. An adult needs only 2 meals a day while increasing the portion based on the level of activities they perform regularly.
Dog Food For Croatian Sheepdog
While buying dog foods for your Croatian Sheepdog, always go for a brand that provide high quality dog food with all the nutritional needs for your dog. If you want to make homemade meal for your dog, make sure to add all the required nutrition.
Here are the list of dog food for your Croatian Sheepdog.
- Wellness Core Grain-Free Large Breed Dog food
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Adult Large Breed Chicken
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Dog Food
Supplements for Croatian Sheepdog
If there is lack of nutrition in your dog’s diet, you should give required supplements to your Croatian Sheepdog after consulting a vet.
- Fish Oil
Human Food for Croatian Sheepdog
Not all food that you give your dog from your plate is good for your dog. Some food, he can eat in a small portion while other should be avoided completely.
- Garlic and Onion
Why is Your Croatian Sheepdog Not Eating?
- There might be a digestion problem which is making your dog loose appetite. Mostly the dog eats grass to clear its bowels but if it does not get better, take him to a vet for proper checkup.
- There might be a gum problem like bleeding or swollen gum which is making it difficult for your dog to eat. So, check its gum and take it to a vet if you see an y problem with it.
- A change in the environment as well as the feeding routine also leads to loss of appetite for your dog. It gets confused if there is any changes, so give him some time to adjust.
Visit Doglime for more dog breed information and their feeding methods.