Deutscher Wachtelhund Diets
Deutscher Wachtelhund is a rare gun dog that originated in Germany. It is of versatile, smart, and affectionate temperament best suited with an active family with a big space for it to perform different physical activities.
If you want to keep your dog happy and healthy, it should be given a proper diet that benefits its healthy and happy life.
A complete balanced diet is what keeps your Deutscher Wachtelhund in good health and mind. So, feed them a meal that has all the nutrients required.
Protein: Protein is one of the most important nutrients on your dog’s diet. It helps in building muscles, bones, tissues, hair, nails, and many more. A puppy needs around 29% of protein on its diet and an adult needs 24-25% of protein on its daily diet.
Fat: Fats provide energy to your dog and keep them active all day long. It also helps to make the skin and coat shiny and healthy. So around 5% of fat is needed on your dog’s daily diet.
Water: Water is a very essential on your dog’s diet as its body contains around 70% of water. So, always keep fresh and clean water available by your dog’s side.
How Much to Feed the Deutscher Wachtelhund?
The puppy Deutscher Wachtelhund that is 6-13 weeks should be fed four meals a day as they need frequent feeding for the development of the body. Check for all the nutrition contained in the pack so the puppy gets the required nutrients.
A 3-6-month-old puppy’s meals should be reduced to 3 meals a day. Whereas an adult dog of 8 months and above should be fed 2 meals a day.
Dog Food For the Deutscher Wachtelhund
Feeding your Deutscher Wachtelhund high-quality dog food is very important for its health. So, be careful of the manufactured food you buy for your dog. Always check for the nutrients and ingredients contained inside the packet. Below is the list of dog foods that you can choose from for your dog.
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Puppy Dry Dog Food
- Victor Dog Food Grain-Free Active Dog and Puppy Formula
- Orijen Original
- Purina Pro Plan SPORT Formula
Supplements For the Deutscher Wachtelhund
Supplements fill the nutrition requirement of your dog if he is not getting a balanced diet. However, if you are feeding a complete balanced diet, there is no need to feed him extra supplements as it will have some side effects.
Below is the list of common supplements given to dogs.
Human Food That the Deutscher Wachtelhund Can and Cannot Eat
You can feed some portion of food to your Deutscher Wachtelhund. However, some food that a human is healthy for humans can equally be toxic for dogs. So, make sure that your dog can eat it before feeding him any human food.
- Popcorn (limited)
- Too much salt
- Garlic and Onion
Why Is Your Deutscher Wachtelhund Not Eating?
- One of the common reasons for your Deutscher Wachtelhund not eating properly can be due to its upset stomach. it might be caused due to eating something bad or something not edible. It usually eats some green grass to clear its bowel, however, if your dog does not get better in 24 hours, take him to a vet.
- A new environment or new timeline can also cause your dog to lose appetite due to confusion. Therefore, always feed your dog at the same time. If you have recently moved to a new place with your dog, make him comfortable and give him some time to adjust to the new surrounding.
- There might be some dental issues so check their mouth and if you see any swollen or bleeding gum, take your dog to a vet.
Visit Doglime for more dog breeds information and their diets.
One thought on “Deutscher Wachtelhund Diets”